Applying for Contributions
Through corporate giving and volunteerism, we improve the lives of those who defend freedom, cultivate the STEM workforce of the future, and strengthen the resiliency of communities where we live and work. Lockheed Martin’s Social Impact focuses on the following three areas and specific interventions:
1.????Future STEM Workforce:??Higher availability of STEM qualified, digital-ready workforce from more diverse backgrounds and grounded in ethics.
- Career Readiness:?Build high school and postsecondary student interest and skills in engineering, computational science and cyber.
- Career Access:?Provide high school and postsecondary students with access to networks and pathways into the workforce
2.????Those Who Serve:?Service members and their families, and military veterans, are prepared, well-supported, and enabled to fully participate and thrive in society.
- Mental Health:?Partner with proven organizations that lower relapse rates and deploy direct service programs.
- Economic Opportunity/美诱直播ll-Being:?Support servicemembers’ transition to the workforce and their families’ opportunities for prosperity.
3.????Community Resilience:?Customer and workforce communities are better prepared for challenges, able to overcome those challenges faster, and suffer less disruption and long-term impact.
- Disaster Preparedness:?Equip preparedness efforts in LM backyard communities?for customers and employees.
- Relief Response:?Reduce latency effects of natural disasters recovery efforts through more risk-informed targeting of relief resources.
Charitable Donation Funding Guidelines
To be considered for grant funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a non-profit tax-exempt classification under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code;
- Public secondary schools and qualifying US-based institutes of higher education;
- Non-U.S. organization only if it is in a specified country with which the U.S. has an income tax treaty (Canada, Israel, Mexico) and maintains the equivalent international non-profit classification;
- Align with one or more of Lockheed Martin’s strategic focus areas listed above;
- Agree to act in accordance with Lockheed Martin’s contribution acknowledgement requirements: organization/grantee will comply with all applicable requirements of the Patriot Act and the Voluntary Anti-Terrorist Guidelines and will not use any portion of the grant funds for the support, direct or indirect, of acts of violence or terrorism or for any organization engaged in or supporting such acts;
- Be located or operate in a community in which Lockheed Martin has employees or business interests; and
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative responsibility and have an active, diverse board, effective leadership, continuity, and efficiency of administration.
Lockheed Martin will not make contributions in support of, but not limited to the following types of requests:
- Organizations that do not align with Lockheed Martin’s values,?commitment to diversity?or approach to?Equal Opportunity. This includes organizations that discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or other criteria of protected classes, as defined by the?.
- Private K-12 schools;
- Home-based child care/educational services;
- Professional associations, labor organizations, fraternal organizations or social clubs; social events sponsored by social clubs;
- Athletic groups, clubs and teams, unless the contribution is in acknowledgement of employee volunteer service provided to the school;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes; or
- Advertising in souvenir booklets, yearbooks or journals unrelated to Lockheed Martin’s business interests